2018 Australia Best Fish and Chips Competition coming soon
About the 2018 Awards.
There will be two categories: People’s choice and a judge’s choice. The winners from the state and territories will go through to compete for the National title of Best Fish and Chips 2018.
Fish and chips will be rated against a set of five criteria, whether by public or under-cover judge, to ensure the best is found. In each state and territory, once the top 10 have been determined by People’s choice, under-cover judges will then determine the winner of each state. Once we have our 8 finalists, Judges will again Judge to determine who nationally has the Best Fish and Chips 2018.
• Taste [50%] – the seafood tastes good.
• Service [35%] – the service meets customer expectations.
• Choice [5%] – Seafood menu offers a range of seafood, including Australian seafood.
• Information [5%] – Customers are provided accurate information about the seafood.
• Labelling [5%] – the menu complies with the Australian Standard for Fish Names and, highlights the seafood’s provenance (i.e. is labelled accurately).
Competition Timeline for 2018
• 30 March 2018: Dates for the competition are launched
• 30 May to 30 July 2018: Pop ups will occur across all state and territories to promote fish and chips
• 1 August 2018: Voting begins Fish and Chips shops and consumers are urged to get online and vote for their favourite via the Awards website www.fishandchipsawards.com.au
• 16th September state and territory voting ends and Judging begins
• 30 September National voting ends and state and territory winners announced, Judging starts to find the National Winner.
• 15 October 2018 National Winner and runners up announced.